Graphic design trends are constantly streaming in and out of fashion. One minute a design is all the rage, the next it’s dead as a doornail. The key is to great graphic design is keeping an eye on trending styles and applying just the right amount to your creations.
Luckily, Michal Sloboda and Ondřej Zita created a compilation of sites like Tumblr and Behance to produce an overarching website that showcases the latest graphic design trends. Separating the trends according to country, trends and designers, TrendList.com is an easy way to navigate the fast-paced digital world.
Forecasted as some of the prominent designs of 2018, the following is a list of our favorite trends sweeping through graphic space.
1. Mini Minimalism: Less is more and often has the greatest impact. Utilize bold fonts and bright colors to convey your message.
2. Loud & Proud: Take it one step further and say it with BOLD fonts. Grab your audience’s attention right off the bat with loud serifs and san serifs.
3. Fading Colors: Gradients allow you to slowly fade from one color to another, often making two statements at once.
4. Bright Light: Make it pop with trending colors like Pantone’s Color of the Year – 18-3838 – Ultra Violet or pops of neon colors.
5. Logos Logos Logos!: Our favorite trend of 2018 is the rise of the responsive logo. These logos increase your SEO, website traffic and are resizable over a variety of platforms making your brand instantly recognizable.